Internship Data Scientist NLP
- Remote (Italy) -Part-time or Full-time
-Student or Graduate
MediNav is an innovative medtech company building a digital medical assistant that reduces admin time for doctors with 70%. MediNav listents to doctors speak, understands, transcribes, extracts and pre-fills medical forms. Right now we’re offering our assistant to hospitals and clinics in Romania and we’re looking to expand into new European markets.
We’re an early stage start-up but we’re growing insanely fast.
To achieve our goals, we need smart, self-driven people who are looking for ways to challenge themselves and create brand new solutions. We don’t micro-manage, we don’t have the time for it!
What you should bring:
- A machine learning basis such as neural networks. Proof of finishing a course such as deeplearning.ai would be ideal or a similar university course.
- Python general programming including but not limited to Pandas, Numpy.
- Tensorflow or PyTorch, Keras
- Experience with prototyping in Jupyter Notebook / Jupyter Lab.
- Some NLP (natural language processing) knowledge such as part-of-speech tagging, word embeddings, NER and other unsupervised and supervised techniques. Specifically NLTK, Spacy libraries would be a plus.
- Familiarity with sequential models for NLP
- Some experience with visualization libraries such as Dash.
- General API knowledge and specifically Flask in Python
- Optionally some knowledge of speech recognition techniques such as ASR (wav2vec, Whisper models)
- Experience with Transformer models (at least as University projects)
- Good level of English. Any additional language is a plus with a focus on Italian, Spanish, Romanian.
- Knowledge and experience with at least one the following technologies: Relational Databases, MongoDB, Docker, Graph Databases (Neo4j).
What we offer:
- A role in an ambitious, young company with the vision to change the medical field and flat hierarchy.
- A growing and international start-up.
- Fully remote job
- If you’re really excited about what MediNav does, we have stock options and warrants for the most dedicated members of the team.
Employment Type: Contract/part-time